This’ll cover the basics, such as financial expectation, rental history, what to bring for the application process, etc.
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
I saw a few masterposts going around tumblr and decided to make one. A lot of these links are helpful for High School as well! Enjoy and please tell me if you have problems with any link.
just figured this out and i’m super excited~~~
So you know when you’re reading through general tumblr tags and the url looks like this (this is the url going one page back in that tag, from today, 3/30/2013):
makes it look like you’ve deleted your blog or it doesnt exist and basically mirrors the actual page youd get if you had. its ideal if youve changed you url and dont want people to find you (thats why IM using it) or any other reason
If you want to make it realistic: be sure to change your icon to this picture (dw about sizing it will fit) and make your blog title “Not Found.”
redux edit .01 by casualffair
the screenshots are crappy (thats what i get for using windows xp) so i would suggest checking out the previews!!
hey, i made a redux edit!! it’s really simple but i think it looks cute!! (note: theme is optimized for google chrome. if you don’t have it, i would strongly recommend it. here is a download link)
some of the features:
- movable sidebar image that can change on hover
- movable sidebar
- custom opacity/transparency for sidebar and posts!
- background/favicon/banner/sidebar images!!
- floaties!! (optional)
- 400px/250px posts (if using 250px select both 400px and 250px)
- 2 font options
- toggle each border on/off
full list of features, resources, instructions on how to install the theme, and q and a below the cut!!
Wave Theme by tukut
This is my first original theme! It has lots of unique post styles, color options, sidebar features, sound effects, and lots more. Hope you enjoy and feel free to send me an ask for help or to let me know about any glitches!