▶ RAINY THEME
so i decided to make another theme but this time with more customizable options and stuff! it’s not too different from my previous theme, but i like it. again, if you see any bugs or errors while using the theme, please send me a message so i can fix it!
- fully movable sidebar image; you can choose to make it in front or behind the sidebar
- another sidebar image, except inside the sidebar.
- 2 whopping kinds of navigation! (the one in the preview and a drop down menu)
- your own favicon
- 500/400px posts
- maximized background / posts & sidebar shadow or glow / posts & sidebar curved sides + borders / transparent posts / fading images / show captions / show tags
- color the: background / text / links / link hover / tags / the glow / border / scrollbar
- up to 7 custom links; feel free to edit the code to add more in case it’s not enough!
no important notes but here are some reminders! when choosing between 2 navigations, 400/500px + the sidebar image being in the front or at the back, or post shadows & glow, be sure you only have 1 selected! opacity is the same, if you want it opaque put 1. if you want it transparent place a “." before your desired number. if you want it COMPLETELY transparent, put a 0!
it runs in both windows and mac. i have created a few stories in it and it makes the process easy and fun! here is a screenshot of the interface for twine:
The most complicated theme I have ever made. Based on the Steampunk aesthetic, this theme is full of moving parts and detail galore. The only downside is it may take a while for the page to load the first time you view it, but it’s totally worth it.
- Contains a ‘functional’ cog, pulley and weight system that moves with the page as you scroll.
- Custom background colour.
- Unlimited links. Your first 6 links display as fancy buttons to the right of your description. If you have more than 6 links, the rest display below your description.
- Optional infinite scroll.
- Custom sidebar image. Upload any square image and it’ll resize to fit.
- Border and link colours are customisable.
- Description scrolls when it gets too long.
- Special formatting for the new reblogged asks.
- Like buttons and reblog buttons on every post.
- Works on all major browsers (yes, even IE).
A lot of images have been used to make this theme, from all over the internet. Take time to check out the page where I have credited them all.
Oil Cakes VS Butter Cakes - A Help Guide
This is a beginners guide on the differences between cakes made with different oils like olive oil, canola oil, vegetable, coconut oil etc VS butter cakes and also I included some margarine, shortening links .
The different fat options can give you a different texture (dense/airy), moistness level, flavor, rise level etc on your cake, muffins, brownies etc…. So this might be an interesting guide for you!
I’ve also added recipes that swap oil/butter with healthier alternatives like applesauce instead of butter or oil. (yes you can use applesauce in place of fats!)
One of my lovely followers had a question about cakes made with oil VS cakes made with butter and it inspired me to make this post.
I have a lot of butter based cakes here. (that’s why there are no links on this post to cakes made with butter)
Oil VS Butter
- Oil Cakes VS Butter Cakes (short video)
- Is Butter Really Better?
- Replacing Butter w/ Vegetable Oil
- Why use Unsalted Butter
- Baking with Butter
Cakes that Use Oil
- Orange Scented Olive Oil Cake w/Chocolate Ganache
- Olive Oil Cake w/ Red Grapes
- Mini Chocolate Coconut Cakes (w/vegetable oil)
- Lemon Vanilla Bean Canola Oil Pound Cake (video tutorial)
- Lemon Vanilla Bean Canola Oil Pound Cake (recipe)
- Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake (with canola oil)
- Everyday Chocolate Loaf (made with canola oil)
- Neapolitan Layer Cake (canola or vegetable oil)
- Coconut Layer Cake (w/ butter and coconut oil)
- Carrot Cake (w/ olive oil)
- Butterscotch Cake (w/safflower oil or canola oil)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes (with vegetable oil)
Fat Substitutes for Baking/Desserts
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread (with no butter, oil just applesauce!)
- Magic Muffins (various recipes!)
- Chocolate Banana Cake
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- Reeses Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Avocado Chocolate Vegan Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Avocado Pudding
- Avocado Banana Pudding
- Guilt Free Decadent Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Mousse Torte
- List of healthy ingredient alternatives
- Oils 101
- Olive Oil Makes Cakes Tender
- What’s Better Oil, Butter or Shortening
- When to use Oil, When to use Margarine
- Reducing Fat in your Favorite Baked Good - Wilton (they include vegetable purees, fruit purees, yogurt, buttermilk, extra egg whites)
- Complete Guide to Fats and Oils
- Choosing Healthier Oils
- How to Modify Recipes to Reduce Fat (includes fat replacements like tofu, pureed pumpkin, zucchini, yogurt, cottage cheese and more!)
yes, i am for real: i just spent 4 hours developing a real life MASS TAG REPLACER SCRIPT!
it’s going to be buggy, but i’ve tested it and it works! nothing terrible has happened to me yet! i hope it works for you too!! (◡‿◡✿)
please make sure to read the disclaimers before connecting it to your tumblr account. if you have questions or concerns please direct them to me on my twitter, @cubeghost!
and you’re welcome :)
ack I have the lamest coloring/shading way are you sure but they are really easy to do tho if you would like to try for fun lol I’m sorry quq
☂ 一 g r a d i e n t t h e m e
- it’s a redux edit that doesn’t look like one
- 200//250//400px posts
- 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns
- pagination only (jump pagination optional)
- 4 custom links
- optional fade effect and grayscale
- optional post borders and shadow
- 2 permalink options (either a regular perma, or a perma that only shows when you hover over it)
- optional pixel fonts!!! you can either have the tiny cute fonts or a preset of regular fonts (calibri, georgia, and verdana)
- transparent options and more!!!
reduxie theme by kikke/themedkikke
this is the first time i’ve edited redux from from scratch! this took a ton of work so please don’t claim it as yours! if you want to use it as a base code or release your edit of it, please ask first! like/reblog if you’re going to use this post so i can keep you posted on updates. (oh goodness, how will i keep you posted if this gets popular? //cries//)
- greener days // cuties // lump off (so you don’t have to go through the trouble of figuring out exactly how i customized each preview)
features, important information, and credits under the cut!
this theme is called smurf yaoi/smurf murphy (DO NOT GOOGLE SMURF YAOI)
- you pick how much opacity your sidebar/post have
- they can be just solid transparent too
- 6 custom links
- shit ton of colors
- background can cover the screen (good for nature backgrounds most of the time)
- sidebar can be on top or behind sidebar
- cute decoration at top and under post than you can upload
- optional custom cursors
- infinite scroll or normal navigation
- cute pixel font that you cant turn off yEAH
the images above sUCK IM SORRY ABOUT THAT
Some resources for those writing medieval-type stories: